Sunday, February 9, 2014

December 2009

There was a time in December 2009 when I was eating less, simply because I lost my appetite. After feeling ill Thanksgiving weekend of that year, it took a few weeks for me to feel more or less normal. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia sometime around 1998. At the time, I was told to control my acid reflux symptoms with diet. In December 2009, I was finally doing that for real. My weight topped out at 265 in November. Weight loss is a totally mental game. I had never before been in the mindset in which I found myself.




I began losing weight but I had done that many times before in short intervals that were followed by a rebound back to or above where I started. This felt different. It was different.


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment